Thursday, June 12, 2008

I can't stress enough the importance of "Attention to Details"

Today's ride started out with a slight change of plans to do loops up Camp Smith. Weather was overcast with slight rain but I was excited as always to ride up Camp Smith. About 4 miles into the ride I was feeling something odd on my left pedal. As I slowed down to investigate I quickly released the crank arm bolt was backing off (due to the lack of proper torque) and it had disengaged so that both crank arms were @ the 6:00 position. I quickly called out to John who pulled over to assist (thanks John) and I then realized I had left my wrench set at home. Can you say 4.5mile walk home.
Bike doesn't pedal to well when both arms are in the same direction
Now that I read the instructions (thanks Dev) I've applied some Loctite 242 and torqued to 450-550 kgf-cm or 29-36ft lbs.

No comments: