Saturday, August 2, 2008

Incredible 10 mile bike ride, 40 year old pictures, dive in the pool

It all started this morning at 0500 when I got up to go on a bike ride for interval training on some hills close to the house. After I got dressed I decided to change it up today and get Amanda out of bed and ride to the Mamala Golf course on Hickam for breakfast instead of doing the planned hill training. I waited till 0700 to wake her and she got right out of bed and was so excited to go riding with me early in the morning. She must have thanked me 10 times for waking her up. She did great for the entire 10 mile bike ride. I will make this a habit in the future!
She has quickly acquired some good riding skills for a 7 yr old and listens to my instructions very well when we are on the roads.
Here is a view of the Mamala Golf course where we had breakfast
When we returned home Amanda got the idea she needed some ICE COLD water to cool her off. Lynn was more than happy to help her out.
On the way back the road passes directly underneath the main taxiway for Honolulu - Hickam airport and we got the pleasure of seeing the finest fighter aircraft in the world as we approached the bridge.
Dad sent these pictures to me a couple of days ago and said mom had stumbled across them. They are pictures of me when I was just a baby almost 40 years ago, I didn't know they had colored pictures back then.
me and my dad

me and my mom
just me
Here is a quick little video of Jake pool diving in the back yard.
He is very athletic. Video was taking with my Blackberry phone
Today was one of those days that seem to good to be true, the kids full of laughter and enjoying life. I wished everyday could be like today!

No comments: