Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family and Friends is what it's all about!!!

Today was an exciting action packed day right from the start. I decided I would get back into running. No my foot hasn't got any better but I've decided I would run anyway and try to force it to heal (not the best thing to do but we'll see what happens). So @ 0630 Ben, Dev & I met for a slow 5 mile run. I could tell it had been awhile since I ran but was able to complete 4.6m in 42 mins avg. 9:15 pace. HR was higher than normal but that will come down after a couple weeks of running again. I came home to find the kids up and ready to go. They were so excited this morning being it was thanksgiving day. So Lynn and I decided we would give them their Christmas gift from us early and let them have a little fun. Yes they got a Nintendo Wii bundle pack with the Wii Fit board.

We opened the game at 9:00 and started playing by 9:30 and we didn't stop till almost 6:00. It's a amazing game and even Jake can play several of the games. We played baseball, bowling, fishing, boxing, tennis, ping-pong, laser hockey, billiards, shooting range, tanks and cow racing. We also played a couple of the Wii Fit games which are pretty neat.

Jake is fast asleep and Amanda is almost out. (I would be sleeping if I could). It was soo funny watching these guys play with each other trying to beat the computer.
Then before we knew it, it was dinner time. Lynn out did herself this year with a very nice honey baked ham.
But the best part of today's meal was this incredible turkey. The juiciest turkey I've ever ate. It was incredible. Must be a Hawaiian Paradise turkey (just kidding).
We also had mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, stuffing and pumpkin pie. I'm stuffed.

I better get a good bike ride in tomorrow to work off some of today's calories.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone and I hope everyone had as much fun as we did with family and friends today, cause that is what's really important.

No comments: