Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to running & "Green Shake of Energy"

Today, I started back running to see how I would do with over 45 days of no running. I was able to complete a 5 mile loop with no real issue cardio wise, but I could tell I'm missing the natural feel for the pace I was running. The workouts on the bike have really established a great aerobic foundation. Overall a very good run with that long of a layover. Now I just have to incorporate more weekly miles into my training (might have to cut back on the bike). I said might!
Here is the loop around the housing area and through the Hickam harbor. Great place to run and enjoy the scenery.
Okay, here are the ingredients for the "green shake of energy" I got this from the Montel Williams book Living Well that mom and dad brought when they visited in Feb. This recipe is for a vita mixer but can be made in a regular mixer (just cut the ingredients in half). 2 bananas peeled, 3 oranges peeled, 1 head of romaine lettuce hearts and 4 cups of water. Blend on high and served chilled.
You will have to push all the ingredients into the blender to fill with water.
Blend on high until all smooth. I will put this up against any cup of Joe or red bull energy drink. I don't recommend drinking this in the late evening unless you plan on staying awake.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: