Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HACC Interval ride


Today's lunch ride had a good turnout of riders to include a couple new guys that are Cat 2 & 3 riders. Ben made the suggestion I should take off the front and see how far I could make it before they caught me. I thought about the idea and decided I should give it a try. I took off as early as I could and built a sizeable lead when Steve Steele joined up at the med. clinic and asked where everyone was at. I said they're trying to catch me and I'm the rabbit. Steve had a good rhythm and was very strong. I held on as long as I could and waited for the top riders to blow by me and that is exactly what they did. It was very good training for the upcoming State Time Trials and I was able to push it to 97% of my Max HR. Several of us are doing an easy recovery ride in the morning @ 0540 just to stretch the legs out. Thanks Ben for the idea to breakout early but I doubt I will attempt that too many times.

No comments: