Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hill training otherwise known as "3 sister's ride"

Here's the view coming down Aiea Heights drive overlooking Pearl Harbor. Great morning to ride with overcast skies and a good breeze blowing to keep us cool on the way up and cold on the way down. We had a good group of riders this morning all eager to take on some hills.
Quick glimpse of our route. We rode 26m in 2hrs with an overall elevation change of 3200ft, expending 1650 calories. This was my first time up Aiea Heights drive and I found it to be the most challenge hill I've climbed so far.
You can see by the chart the elevation increase quickly followed by my heart rate.
Now it's off to mow the grass and get the bike cleaned up. I'm going to remove the chain (KMC quick release) and cassette for an overnight soak in simple green and swap back to my standard crank. Now it's time to take the kids to the base pool for a birthday party today.

No comments: