Thursday, June 26, 2008

Uncharted Territory

After some lengthy discussions with some seasoned veterans in the sport of endurance events I realized I was in Uncharted Territory. I knew I was having issues with hydration and my performance would drop off quickly after a intense 45 min effort. I also didn't realized I needed to consume 70 grams worth of carbs every hour in an event lasting over 2 hours. So tonight I headed to the health food store in Aiea (really nice) to try the electrolyte pills during my next long ride or on really hot days and see if this will help my performance from dropping off so quickly.
Then Gil (AKA Mr. Ultraman) brought me a bottle of DHEA Complete with 7-Keto supplement to take with some good reading material describing the benefits. After some research on the Internet it appears several individuals have several view's. However, they all make the same reference if there is a chemical imbalance in your body then this supplement which can only be made from the extract of wild yams might help. Now all I have to do is try to get some blood work done. Thanks Gil for the product, stories and view points on what makes you get across the finish line each and every time.

No comments: