Friday, July 18, 2008

Preventative Maintenance is a MUST

Tonight was supposed to be a relaxing Friday evening with the kids, however I decided with the help of Ben to re-wrap my handlebars. While waiting on Ben to arrive I took the old wrap off and discovered my handlebars were cracked over halfway through on the left side. I called Ben to tell him there was no sense in coming over and he said you have 45 mins to get to the bike shop. The kids and I jumped into high gear and headed to the Bike shop. Luckily traffic wasn't bad and we made it in 15 mins.


Brandon and Mel hooked me up in 10 mins to swap my bars out with a matching new handlebar (thank God for warranties) and then it was off to Ben's for help with wrapping and changing out the front cable. As always Ben has tools out and can quickly but very professional handle maintenance with a bike. On the way home Amanda said it's a good thing you know Ben since he can quickly fix your bike and I told her she was correct. Thanks Ben for dropping everything you had plan to help me out and get me back on the road for tomorrow's ride.

1 comment:

Ben's Journey said...

No problem! Anytime buddy!