Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fast 50 miler

This morning's ride was a classic. I met up with Ben S. Casey and waited for Dev to arrive to head out to Kunia and KoleKole Pass. We also planned on meeting Shane en route at a predetermined location. 3 miles into the ride I heard a Pop and then clank/clank. I had broke a spoke on my rear wheel, fortunately everyone stopped and Ben provided a quick short term solution to the problem and allowed me to keep riding.
These are the speedsters of the bunch. The lightest guy is the fastest and the other two guys follow suit according to their weight.
Here is a chart of the total elevation for today's ride, 1670 ft at the top.
Red line shows the path we took to ride 50 miles in 3 hours 11 mins. During one stretch of the hwy we were able to maintain an avg speed of 31.3 mph max speed 36.4 for a 3 mile section which equates to 3 miles in 5 mins 45 sec.
On the way home we decided to stop at the bike shop to have them fix my wheel. Mel loaned me a wheel until the parts arrive to fix my wheel. While waiting we all weighed our bikes and the S-Works Roubaix tipped the scales at 17lbs 3 oz, with the Garmin Edge and hand pump attached.

No comments: