Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last full day in Alaska

Today is our last full day in Alaska (until next time) and we enjoyed it to the fulliest. Papa, kids and I ran a couple of errands this morning and Mt. McKinnely was in clear sight (280 miles) away. The sky was crystal clear with unlimted visibility, that's why it's soo cold. This is a very nice print Nathan and Mary got me for Christmas, showing an F-22, F-15 flying over the Elephant Cage at Elmendorf Air Force Base by artist James Morris . To the best of my knowledge this is the first print of the Elephant Cage on Elmendorf. This will be nice to have framed and matted for our future home in CO that will match my other F15 print

We also tried a cool little expirement this morning of throwing hot water into cold air to watch it vaporize. It was pretty neat to watch and have the kids ask tons of questions on how it works.
I doubt there will be any bike riding in the snow in my near future, just doesn't seem like much fun if you ask me
A couple pics of mom and dad's house with all the animals on the wall. A true Alaskan house.

No comments: