Thursday, February 12, 2009

It doesn't get much better than this!

What a wonderful birthday I had today. Everyone wished me happy birthday(home, work & friends) and made me realize just how many true friends I have in life. Lynn had to teach tonight and Amanda needed some valentines for school tomorrow, so off to the mall we went. Once there Amanda suggested we go to Farrell's for dinner (which was in the mall). I said sure that shouldn't take us too long. Quick and easy dinner
Just as the waitress brought the bill she asked if I would fill out these cards and they would mail birthday coupons. Amanda jumped into action and said today is my dads birthday. The waitress quickly jumped into action and got all the employees together for a quick birthday song (this is the same waitress we had tonight singing). When she asked how old I was Amanda quickly answered for me. The kids loved it and felt like they really got me good.

This was the first song I heard this morning when I got in the car and it stuck with me all day.

All-in-all it was an excellent day for me to just stop and realize just how wonderful my life is with a wonderful family, great parents and in-laws, the perfect brother and a few good friends. Then tonight as I took the kids to bed both Amanda and Jake said to me just as they were falling asleep, happy birthday dad and I love you. What more could I possible ask for in life? nothing, but exactly what I have - thanks to everyone

1 comment:

Ben's Journey said...

I love George Straits song "Tribudor"!